General purpose industrial / outdoor 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR74 is a four-radio, cloud-managed 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for general purpose, next-generation deployments in harsh outdoor locations and industrial indoor conditions, the MR74 offers performance, enterprise-grade security, and intuitive management.
The MR74 delivers a maximum 1.3 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization. A fourth radio delivers seamless Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning and Beaconing.
The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac, full-time RF environment scanning, and an integrated Bluetooth Low Energy radio delivers the high throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by the most demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, even in the most harsh outdoor environments.
MR74 and Meraki Cloud Management: A Powerful Combination
he MR74 is managed through the Meraki cloud, an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment across multiple sites without the need for time-consuming training or costly certifications. Since the MR74 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24×7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostics tools enable immediate troubleshooting so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
The MR74’s firmware is always kept up to date from the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web, meaning no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n client access radio
- 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac client access radio
- 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz WIDS/WIPS, spectrum analysis, and location analytics radio
- 2.4 GHz Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio with Beacon and BLE scanning support
- Concurrent operations of all four radios
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.412-2.484 GHz
- 5.150-5.250 GHz (UNII-1)
- 5.250-5.350 GHZ (UNII-2)
- 5.470-5.600, 5.660-5.725 GHz (UNII-2e)
- 5.725 -5.825 GHz (UNII-3)
- 2 x 2 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) with two spatial streams
- SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO support
- Maximal ratio combining (MRC) & Beamforming
- 20 and 40 MHz channels (2.4Ghz), 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels (5Ghz)
- Up to 256 QAM on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Packet aggregation
- Power over Ethernet: 37 – 57 V (802.3af compatible)
- Power consumption: 11 W max (802.3af)
- Power over Ethernet injector sold separately
- Mounts to walls and vertical poles.
- Mounting hardware included
- Security screw included
- Operating temperature: -40 °F to 131 °F (-40 °C to 55 °C)
- IP67 environmental rating
- 10” x 6.2” x 2.6” (256 mm x 158 mm x 65 mm)
- 2.4 lbs. (1.09 kg)
- 1x 100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ45)
- Four external N-type female antenna connectors
- IIntegrated layer 7 firewall with mobile device policy management
- Real-time WIDS/WIPS with alerting and automatic rogue AP containment with Air Marshal
- Flexible guest access with device isolation
- VLAN tagging (802.1Q) and tunneling with IPSec VPN
- PCI compliance reporting
- WEP, WPA, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X
- EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM
- TKIP and AES encryption
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) & Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration)
- Advanced Power Save (U-APSD)
- WMM Access Categories with DSCP and 802.1p support
- Layer 7 application traffic identification and shaping
- PMK, OKC, and 802.11r for fast Layer 2 roaming
- Distributed or centralized layer 3 roaming
- 1 power/booting/firmware upgrade status
- 1 year hardware warranty with advanced replacement included